Months are running together and I’m not quite sure what day it is anymore.Continue Reading
March and April seemed to run together in my world – it probably doesn’t help that my new work attire stable are Lululemon Align Pants. But here’s what I’m digging for April!
I spent half the month of February in Europe for work. It was a great, but there is something about sleeping in your own bed that never gets old. Here are a few things that I leaned on during my travels.CONTINUE READING
This time of year can be draining. The weather starts to hit and you just want to curl up with a warm blanket by the fire (or Netflix fire). When the holiday’s hit, I feel a little more drained every year.
When we lived in Texas, it was great to fly home for the holidays. I had a small list of very close friends and family that I made intentions to see – the rest of the time was spent recharging with my family. Now that we’ve moved home, Vacation Days are filled with projects around the house – we have more holiday parties to attend, and life simply has gotten crazier. It is all good things – I’ve found that I need to change my approach to make sure I’m getting recharged.
This year, I’m hoping to be more intentional about spending time with loved ones.
- Unplugging – Attempting to loose my phone a little more – or leave it in the other room and appreciate the moments.
- Relaxing – It may mean cleaning the house a little more on week nights, but I want to take away as many simple excuses to not lean into this season.
- Schedule Fun – Sometimes it can feel so stressful and overwhelming with the million work and family parties. Schedule a date with your gal pals to make sure you’re taking care of you too.
- Shop Early – Shop early and don’t overthink it. I start making a list of Christmas Gift Ideas in January, keep a note on my phone and add it as people mention things they’d like. I took my long list of ideas and went wild on Black Friday and Cyber Monday to get some deals on the items I knew people would love.
October was filled with Marathon Training, a crazy work schedule and celebrating friends and families birthday. November I’m focusing on self care. Here are some of the products I’m loving:
OPTI-GREENS 50: To say I’ve ate horribly since finishing marathon training is an understatement. These greens are the best I’ve tried. They contain 11 servings of vegetables, help with bloating and personally- help me to kick my afternoon sugar cravings. While this isn’t negating the Chick-Fil-A I had for lunch, it makes me feel less like a potato afterwards.
Hair Skin Nail Essentials: my skin took a beating Marathon training. I can only imagine my forehead acne issues are from wearing a hat and my chest and back are tied to sitting in my own sweat for hours at a time. I restarted taking HSN a few weeks ago and have seen a noticeably change. Insert (I’m a believer from shrek)
Cosrx Acne Pimple Patch: I have no idea how, but these Korean Pimple Patches WORK. Put them on a trouble area at night and leave it on for as long as humanly possible. They reduce the size of a pimple and remove redness.
The Home Edit: if you’ve been following along on my InstaStories, you know I’ve been going crazy organizing our house. The ladies at Home Edit and I follow the same organization philosophy, you have to edit (get rid of things) before you can organize. They have some great organization ideas and will give you some great motivation. (They’re filming their Netflix series right now and I can’t wait for it to come out)
Marathon week is upon us!! While we all have our favorite work out gear, I’m sharing some of my favorite workout gear.
We’re starting to flirt with Fall in Michigan – and I am leaning into it. Here’s a few of my favorite things that I’m digging to transition into the next season.
By this point, I’m sure y’all have hear of Glossier in one way or another. Their brand statement is to “create the new beauty essentials: easy-to-use skincare and makeup that form the backbone to your routine.”
I have come to love their products and look forward to sharing my obsession with y’all.
For 10% off your first purchase, check out this link.CONTINUE READING
- WaterBUG Submersible Utility Pump. Our backyard has been flooding after every hard rain, so this Utility Pump has been a LIFE SAVOR. The Pump can be used for indoor and outdoor water situations and removes water down to 1/16in of surface, virtually dry.
- Aztec Secret – Indian Healing Clay Mask. My favorite deep pore cleansing mask. Follow the instructions on the bottle, mixing the clay with Apple Cider Vinegar. After you let the mask dry (and rinse it off) you will feel oh so great.
- Sumtree Packable Backpack. The perfect backpack to bring on a trip or to a music festival. It can pack into a 9’x 8′ pouch, has a chest strap to reduce the load on your back, waterproof, multiple compartments, and is still in great shape and I’ve had it for over 2 years.
- Natural Dramamine. My 30’s hit and I get motion sickness at the drop of a hat (no joke, while looking down at my phone while walking). It is B-A-D. I’ve started using Natural Dramamine and it helps. It is made of 100% Ginger, so you don’t get the nasty hang-over that you get with normal Dramamine.