When Michigan started to shut down, I made the impulse purchase of an Echelon. You know I love a good deal, so when I realized that I could buy a bike for the same cost to rent a bike for 3 months from our local cycle bar, I pulled the trigger. Echelon Connect 3 was the bike I found to fit our needs.
Where to Buy .
– Allows you to use Cycling Clip-ins or regular Shoes.
– You can’t beat the price, at 1/4 the cost of the a Peloton and the product works great.
– Very easy to change the seat and handle bar settings (If multiple people in your house are using it)
– Seat is really comfortable and a little larger than some cycling bikes I’ve used in the past. Great for a spin class or standard ride.
– You have to set the bike up yourself. Not the end of the world because the Customer Service Team is great – but we had some issues with our bike which make it a little more difficult. They did send us replacement parts to help, even though we were able to fix it.
– If you use an app other than Echelon, you cannot connect your resistance and speed to the app. So when you’re taking a class and the instructor calls out “increase your resistance between 40-50”, you won’t know what your output is. However, it’s just like any Cycle Bar class, you never know what your “output” numbers are – just push yourself.
Overall Review: Very happy with the purchase. It gives you an intense cardio work out and I’m finding myself working out way more during Quarantine than I thought I would have. If you’re thinking of purchasing an indoor bike, this is a wonderful cost sensitive alternative to a Peloton. We bought a Foam Floor Mat to go under the bike and it’s helping to protect our hardwood floors – highly recommend.
I purchased a bike that didn’t come with a screen , however it does have a stand for your phone or iPad. Therefore you have an option to use either the Echelon or Peloton app for classes.
– Echelon. $14.99 /month. I haven’t tried the Echelon app. Mostly due to the Peloton app being free right now and loving the instructors. I believe the app will connect you to the bike and show your output.
– Peloton. $12.99/month. Currently Peloton is offering 90 days free during social distancing. Once you download you have access to all classes (live and recorded- yoga, cycling, running, cardio, HIIT, etc). The app is very intuitive and easy to use. If your wanting a 45 minute Cycle, Groove and Intermediate class- place the filters on it will show you all options. You can “Pre-load” a class prior to starting it to take away any potential buffering issues.