We celebrated this New Years Eve in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl. We spent the week drinking and eating our way through town – and here are some of my favorite places.
– Ruby Slippers Cafe– Breakfast
– Amazing Homemade Biscuits. Typically have a long wait, but will give you 1/2 off coupons for drinks when you order an entree.
– Oceana Grill – Breakfast / Lunch
– Chef K-Paul’s – Lunch / Dinner
– Lunch: Amazing Shrimp Po-Boy
– Brennan’s – Dinner/ Dessert
Things to do that aren’t Booze.
– Walking Ghost Tour
– Check out Antique Shops on Magazine Street
– Trolley Ride down Canal Street
– New Orleans School of Cooking
– Swamp Tour
– Laura Plantation Tour
– Air Boat Tour (Season Pending)
– Frenchman Street – Listen to live Jazz (will be hard to hang around there and not drink Booze)
– The Maison
– The Spotted Cat Music Club
– Blue Nile
– Walk around the French Quarter
– Shop at the French Market