I love baked chickpeas, but it drives me crazy that I go thru the little bags in 0.2 seconds. I’ve been playing around with making them at home and wanted to share some tricks to make them tasty.
– 2 cans of Chickpeas
– Olive Oil (~2 tablespoons)
– Sea Salt (~1 teaspoon)
1) Rinse and Drain the Chickpeas. Lay the Chickpeas on Paper Towels and let dry out for at least 30 minutes. Stretch goal would be for 1 to 1 1/2 hour. The more they dry out, the crispier they get.
2) Remove the shells from the chickpeas. (This may take a little bit of time, but it will give you the crunch and a few more days shelf life)
3) Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit
4) Place a sheet of Parchment Paper on a Baking Sheet.
5) Drizzle with Olive Oil and Sea Salt – just enough to cover the chick peas. (shake the baking sheet around so the chickpeas are covered)
6) Bake for 50-55 minutes.
7) Once out of the oven, sprinkle your seasoning of choice on the chickpeas. My go- to seasonings are Sea Salt or Tony Chachere’s